Fiscal Assistant-Accounts Payable
Catholic Social Services (CSS) is a faith-based social service agency focused on improving the quality of life of people of all faiths and backgrounds during some of their most vulnerable times of their lives. By serving people in ways that help seniors live independent, connected lives and families thrive, Catholic Social Services continues its 70 year legacy to address the community’s’ unmet, pressing needs with compassion.
Catholic Social Services seeks a motivated and mission-focused professional fiscal assistant to perform accounts payable and clerical support necessary to pay the obligations of the agency on time, record the cash receipts of the agency. This individual must be highly organized, tech savvy, able to meet deadlines, detail oriented, and have strong customer service skills.
Location: Columbus, OH
Accurately record accounts payable and prepare management reports and checks
- Accurately enter all necessary information from approved invoices into the accounts payable module of agency accounting software to record obligations.
- Generate cash requirements report for senior management approval
- Generate checks for payment of invoices
- Print and file documentation to ensure proper internal controls.
- Accurately enter into the agency’s accounting software the cash receipt information from daily deposit log of receipts from donors and customers
- Record cash deposits to the bank.
- Maintain required documentation to ensure proper internal controls.
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in accounts payable.
- Knowledge of accounting software, Financial Edge, preferred.
- Demonstrative advanced knowledge of MS Office software
- Ability to perform any combination of routine calculations, posting and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounts payable and cash receipts
Catholic Social Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce to reflect and provide culturally responsive services to a diverse community.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Terri Hurtt, Human Resources Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.